November 7, 2018
Improving Quality of Life
- Becoming a Patient
- Fee Schedule
- Our Treatment Approach
- Our Therapies
- Symptom Management
- Online Dispensary
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Initial Naturopathic Consultation
The OICC strives to optimize your health by offering a personalized, wholistic approach to health and well being
The Initial Naturopathic Consultation is the first step towards this goal, and comprises the following:
- Dietary assessment and changes recommended where necessary to promote better health and healing, including the incorporation of an anti-cancer diet.
- Key health parameters assessment including inflammation, nutritional status, blood sugar control, stress, immune function and cancer progression. Extra blood work will be ordered if current blood work does not provide this information.
- Fitness level assessment to determine best type of program to increase stamina, promote health and wellbeing.
- Mental and emotional status assessment to reduce anxiety and manage stress levels.
- A review of current diagnostics, labs and scans.
- A review of prescription medications in current use to avoid possible interactions with natural health products that are prescribed during your visit.
- A review of supplements in current use and recommend changes if possible interactions are a concern.
- A treatment plan is provided and will include:
- Dietary recommendations.
- Exercise recommendations.
- Natural Health Product prescriptions.
- Referrals to other members of our multi-disciplinary team.
- Follow ups will be requested to determine treatment plan success, and to make changes where necessary.
- The treatment plan will be forwarded in the form of clinical progress notes to allied health care professionals including your oncologist and GP
Latest Blog Posts
February 21, 2018
December 20, 2017