November 7, 2018
Improving Quality of Life
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Becoming a Patient
CALL 613 792 1222 or, if you would prefer to come in person please Register for an orientation session on Mondays between 12-1 pm.
Click here for our intake forms
Click here for our french intake forms
YOUR FIRST VISIT
Your initial naturopathic visit is generally 1 - 1.5 hours in length and includes:
- Review of your medical history to determine what has led to your current health condition.
- Review of your current health condition including a physical exam, as well as any signs and symptoms that may be occurring, or any current challenges physically and mentally/emotionally .
- Establishment of a doctor-patient relationship that promotes informed decision making and a full understanding of the condition(s) you are facing.
- A treatment plan will be created with recommendations for appropriate integrative medical treatments that includes nutrition, fitness and lifestyle habits. Our recommendations can help to leverage standard care protocols from the hospital and will incorporate naturopathic and wholistic therapies such as supplements, dietary plans, intravenous therapies and more.
Visits with our acupuncture, massage, yoga therapy, physiotherapy, reflexology or counselling are typically one hour in duration and can be booked as initial sessions at our centre or alongside your naturopathic visit.
- Return for follow-up visits in order to continue to be guided and empowered to make informed decisions and play an active role in your healthcare
- Join in on our various ongoing group programming including weekly gentle yoga, patient support group, nutrition workshops, and a variety of six week programs geared towards mindfulness and the healing journey.
- We are a not for profit organization devoted to lessening the burden of your health care costs. That being said, we are not publicly funded, so our services are fee based. An initial 1.5 hour consultation with a naturopathic doctor is $225.
- Health care benefit plans will include a $300-500 towards naturopathic care, massage, physiotherapy and acupuncture. In most cases, 80-100% of your initial visit should be covered.
- Where benefit plans and affordability are not present, we offer subsidized care through our Foundation. Please mention this and a subsidy application will be forwarded to you.
The guiding role of our clinicians and therapists
Our OICC team ensures that all facets of a person’s health are being addressed through proper nutrition, exercise, positive sleep and rest patterns, natural health supplements, mind body practices, integrated practitioner referrals, and where recommended, IV therapies. We guide and monitor each patient through the right complementary therapies at the right time.
Our team of experts treat cancer and non cancer patients. Included in our cancer focus are the following: those with a family history of cancer; at initial diagnosis; during active conventional treatment including chemotherapy, radiation and surgery; to prevent recurrence; and in advanced cases of metastasis.
Our goal is to improve quality of life at any stage, and where possible,
to extend life.
Watch the OICC video to prepare for your visit
Latest Blog Posts
February 21, 2018
December 20, 2017