September 29, 2017
Improving Quality of Life
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Becoming a Patient
BECOME AN OICC PATIENT IN 3 EASY STEPS
- Click on this link to fill in the form.
- Receive a call from one of our care coordinators who will arrange your first set of appointments.
- Register for an orientation session on Mondays between 12-1 pm or online with one of our video chat sessions on Fridays from 12-1 pm. These sessions orient you properly to all of our services, and answer
your initial questions.
YOUR FIRST VISIT
Many patients will be in the care of a naturopathic doctor at the OICC for integrative medical care. However, others may start off by seeing one of our associates who practices acupuncture, massage, yoga therapy, physiotherapy, reflexology or counselling. These visits are typically one hour in duration.
Your initial naturopathic visit is generally 1.5 - 2.0 hours in length and includes:
- Review of your medical history to determine what has led to your current health condition.
- Review of your current health condition including a physical exam, as well as any signs and symptoms that may be occurring, or any current challenges physically and mentally/emotionally .
- Establishment of a doctor-patient relationship that promotes informed decision making and a full understanding of the condition(s) you are facing.
- A treatment plan will be created with recommendations for appropriate integrative medical treatments that can help to leverage standard care protocols and incorporate naturopathic and wholistic therapies.
- Brief chat with one of our care coordinators to ensure you understand and are able to get started with your integrative treatment plan, and to discuss any relevant referrals to practitioners on our team who can further assist you with physical, mental, emotional or spiritual needs.
Please allow up to 2 hours for your first naturopathic visit with us.
- Return for follow-up visits in order to continue to be guided and empowered to make informed decisions and play an active role in your healthcare
- Join in on our various ongoing group programming including weekly gentle yoga, patient support group, nutrition workshops, and a variety of six week programs geared towards mindfulness and the healing journey.
- We are a not for profit organization devoted to lessening the burden of your health care costs. That being said, we are not publicly funded, so our services are fee based. An initial 1.5 hour consultation with a naturopathic doctor is $225. Our follow up fees and fees for all our other services are here.
- Health care benefit plans will include a $300-500 towards naturopathic care, massage, physiotherapy and acupuncture. In most cases, 80-100% of your initial visit should be covered.
- Where benefit plans and affordability are not present, we offer subsidized care through our Foundation. Please mention this to our care coordinator and a subsidy application will be forwarded to you.
The guiding role of our clinicians and therapists
Our OICC team ensures that all facets of a person’s health are being addressed through proper nutrition, exercise, positive sleep and rest patterns, natural health supplements, mind body practices, integrated practitioner referrals, and where recommended, IV therapies. We guide and monitor each patient through the right complementary therapies at the right time.
Our team of experts treat cancer and non cancer patients. Included in our cancer focus are the following: those with a family history of cancer; at initial diagnosis; during active conventional treatment including chemotherapy, radiation and surgery; to prevent recurrence; and in advanced cases of metastasis.
Our goal is to improve quality of life at any stage, and where possible,
to extend life.
Watch the OICC video to prepare for your visit
Latest Blog Posts
August 10, 2017
July 17, 2017