November 7, 2018
Improving Quality of Life
- How We Help
- Our Team
- How is the OICC Different?
- Mission and Vision
- Voices of Support
- CCNM Governance
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Registered Massage Therapist
Registered Massage Therapist (part-time)
The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) has been established to serve as a model interdisciplinary health-care centre providing whole-person complementary and integrative care to people with cancer, cancer survivors, and those seeking primary and secondary cancer prevention. The OICC is formally part of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM). CCNM, a registered charity, is Canada's premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine. As a stand-alone Centre, the OICC will provide a work environment characterized by a small team working to provide excellent support to medical practitioners and patients.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced part-time registered massage therapist to serve as an integral member of the OICC. The successful candidate will assess the status of patients and carry out individually designed treatment programs in coordination with the interdisciplinary team to achieve the patient’s goals through massage therapy.
Other responsibilities include documenting all aspects of the therapeutic processes in the patient’s medical record, discussing treatment progress with members of the interdisciplinary team, providing feedback to external practitioners in the form of progress notes, and educating the patient and family members to reinforce treatment programs. As a member of the integrated health professional team, you will participate in team building and work collaboratively through team meetings, quality education, inter-referrals, shared medical records etc.
- Registered and good standing with CMTO
- Liability insurance
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a registered massage therapist
- Ability to work in a team environment with other allied health-care professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as interpersonal skills to deal with patients, their families, other health care team members and the community
- Experience working with electronic medical records is preferred
- Ability to exercise professional judgement in a highly confidential environment
- Bilingual in French, is an asset
- Flexibility to meet the operational needs of the clinic, which may include early or late starts
Deadline for application is: July 10, 2018
The clinic is located at 29 Bayswater Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, and where you saw this job advertisement.
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Latest Blog Posts
February 21, 2018
December 20, 2017